Lakme has recently launched it’s new PRIMER+MATTE LIPSTICKS in the 9 to 5 range. It is all about the base trend now and keeping that in mind, Lakme brought up these Matte lipsticks with Primer incorporated in them, which means these lipsticks do not need that extra step of priming the lips. There are about 30 shades available in this range with every color included- from the pinks to reds to browns to corals to what not. I’ve picked up 4 shades to test these and in this post I’ll let you know my thoughts on them.
Lakme 9 to 5 ReInvent Primer + Matte Lip Color – 12 hours NonStop Matte
Lakme’s new Primer+Matte lipstick comes with its own built-in primer that comfortably glides onto lips. Smoothen and prep lips to lock in color for a long lasting matte finish.
- PRIMER+MATTE : Sets a flawless base and evens out your lips for smooth application
- RICH COLOR : Highly pigmented shades that have rich and intense color payoff
- 12 HOURS LONG STAY : Delivers a fine matte finish on your lips that lasts up to 12 hours.
- Available in 30 Matte shades
- For a precision pro-matte finish, line your lips with the Lakmé 9 to 5 Lip Liner before applying the Lakme 9 to 5 Primer+Matte Lip Color.
PRICE : INR 480/- for 3.6g of product.
AVAILABILITY : As these have just launched I found them on Nykaa (click HERE to head directly to the product). I’m sure these would be definitely be available at stores very soon.
(No, there is no ombre effect to the lipstick body. It’s just that my camera fault.)
SHADES : There is a huge shade range to choose from. There are about 30 lip shades available. Each of them is named using its base code- like Matte Pink(MP), Matte Red(MR) and Matte Brown(MB), and under each one we have different shades againand ofcourse they have got names to them as well. The shades I picked up are – MP7 ROSY SUNDAY, MR11 BERRY BASE, MP18 PLUM PICK and MR18 MAROON MIX.
MP7 ROSY SUNDAY – Coral shade with light brown undertone
MR11 BERRY BASE – True bright red shade
MP18 PLUM PICK – Fuschia pink shade
MR18 MAROON MIX – Raspberry red or a pinkey red shade.
- The packaging of the Lakme 9 to 5 Primer+ Matte lipsticks comes in a regular Lakme 9 to 5 lipstick casing, the rose gold packaging. The details and description of the lipstick and the shade name is mentioned on the outer box. On the lipstick bullet, we have the name of the lipstick on a sticker at the bottom. The packaging is nothing new and fancy, but it is definitely a travel-friendly one. Easy to throw in the handbags.
- The formula and texture of these Primer+Matte lipsticks is absolutely amazing. By far these are the best formula Lakme has ever made. They have very soft, very smooth velvety matte texture which glides onto the lips like butter. These lipsticks set into semi-matte(or should I say almost matte) kind of finish. They provide enough hydration to the lips without making them dry and chappy. There is no need of applying any extra lip primer before these lipsticks, as these themselves have Primer in it, and this makes the application so smooth without any tugging or dragging the lips although these are matte lipsticks, as most matte lipsticks have such drying effect.
- These lipsticks are extremely and highly pigmented. In just one swipe we get the complete opaqueness of the shade. I did purchase one lighter shade and even that shade had full coverage on my lips. At first I was hesitant in getting these lipsticks, coz I did not find Lakme’s lipsticks performing well on me. But when I swatched these lipsticks and tested them out, I absolutely fell in love with them. This is how I apply lipstick – apply first coat, dab/press lips against any tissue paper and then go with a second coat. That’s the best way to get the best out of any kind of lipstick.
- They stay on for much longer time. It did stay for more than 8 hours on my lips with light snacking. But if you’re gonna eat heavy oily meal, then I guess the longevity is gonna decrease and the lipstick would fade off mostly.
Overall, Love Love Love these Lakme 9 to 5 Primer+Matte lipsticks and this is what we are waiting for Lakme. And guys you should try at least one shade from this range and I bet you wouldn’t stop with just one. I totally suggest these to everyone coz there is a shade for everyone in this 30 lipsticks range.