SUGAR Cosmetics has recently launched 6 new shades in the Matte As Hell Lip Crayons collection. As soon as I heard the news that they launched 6 new Matte As Hell lip crayons, I thought to give them a try. Going through the shades, I picked 4 shades out of the 6 and I made my own box of SUGARness. Here it is –
For the days you want your lips to be neither too strong nor too subtle, Princess Peach will make you go ‘My lips but definitely better’.If excellent coverage and high colour pay-off is what gets you going, you will absolutely love our SUGAR Matte As Hell Crayon Lipstick that is available in 11 gorgeous shades to suit your taste & your ever-changing mood! Super long-lasting and highly pigmented so you don’t have to worry about constant re-application, this must-have crayon lipstick has a soft texture with a silky matte finish.
The Sugar Matte As Hell Crayon Lipstick has a creamy consistency that eventually settles in to a matte finish. With stunning shades that don’t fail to impress, it provides maximum coverage with the right amount of color. Dermatologically tested & approved and 100% safe for your skin.
PRICE : INR 799/- each.
INGREDIENTS : Dimethicone, Diisostearyl Malate, Synthetic Wax, Distarch Phosphate, Polybuten e, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Caprylyl Methicone, Dimethylimidazolidinone Rice Starch, Glyceryl Caprylate, Pentaerythrityl Tetra-Di-T-Butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate, Silica, Isoceteth – 10 May Contain: C.I. Nos. 45410, 15850, 19140
SHADES : There are 6 new shades introduced and SUGAR describes them as-
- 06 CORALINE JONES (an orangey coral) – Give your lips a taste of boldness with Coraline Jones, an alluring Orange Coral shade that’s perfect for the explorer in you.
- 07 VIOLA (a cool toned mauvey nude) – Go from day to night with Viola, a mauve-nude that’s bold enough to punch up your daytime makeup and subtle enough to pair with your night-out smoky eye.
- 08 JACKIE BROWN (reddish brown) – Want a change from the usual ‘night on the town red lip’? Reach for Jackie Brown – the perfect balance of edgy and feminine for any occasion.
- 09 PRINCESS PEACH (true peach) – For the days you want your lips to be neither too strong nor too subtle, Princess Peach will make you go ‘My lips but definitely better’.
- 10 CHERRY DARLING (cherry red shade) – A bolt of cherry red that can update your look in a flash, Cherry Darling never fails to impress and is best worn alone for maximum impact.
- 11 ELLE WOODS (browney nude) – No one needs to know you’re wearing lipstick and with Elle Woods, no one will. Let this subtle brown nude be your secret to all-natural looking lips.
I made my own lipstick box of 4 shades – Viola, Jackie Brown, Cherry Darling and Elle Woods. Generally, each lip crayon comes with its own sharpener when bought individually, but since this is a personalized box it has only one sharpener.
The Sugar Matte As Hell lip crayons come in regular Sugar abstract themed outer cardboard box with all the details on the box along with the shade name. And the lip crayons come in matte black crayon form with a color coded tip and the shade name is also mentioned on the crayon as well. Each lip crayon come with its own sharpener, so we don’t need to worry about sharpening issues. And btw this is the only con of these lip crayons, that they are not retractable ones.
The Sugar Matte As Hell Lip crayons have a very light weight formula. They have a very smooth buttery, creamy texture that they glide on smoothly onto the lips. These Sugar Lip Crayons are perfect everyday wearable shades, nothing bright or overpowering. The lip crayons apply as a creamy lipsticks and once set, they set into a powdery matte finish. It doesn’t take much time to set, it sets immediately when the lips get pressed against each other. Although they are matte, these lip crayons do not dry out the lips. But as the day passes by, I did notice that it kind of settles into the lip lines at the end of the day. These lip crayons are immensely pigmented and they give high coverage in just one swipe. And 2-3 swipes give a smooth, even and complete opaque coverage. They are not completely transfer-proof, they do transfer very very tiny bit though. This isn’t any problem.
These Matte As Hell lip crayons are long lasting, they do survive light snacks. They did stay for about 6 hours even after having cold coffee, without any smudging or feathering or creasing. After any heavy snacking/meals, it kind of fades off from the inner rim, but it doesn’t give any butt hole lip, the fading is even and that it is comfortable to reapply on the same.
Swatches – Top-Bottom : 11 Elle Woods, 10 Cherry Darling, 08 Jackie Brown and 07 Viola.
Overall, these SUGAR MATTE AS HELL LIP CRAYONS have totally stolen my heart. I absolutely love these new shades and I probably see a better formula in these compared to the first release. And I totally recommend these to everyone and people who love matte lipsticks. All the shades would definitely go on good for every skin tone.
What do you guys think about them? And which is your favorite SUGAR MATTE AS HELL LIP CRAYON?