The skincare industry is all hyped with facial oils and facial elixirs. We know the time when the beauty world got all banged up with the very famous Farsali Rose Gold Elixir, and then their whole line of skin oils. And then comes the Gold oils, which is a concoction of gold leaflet in facial oils and many beauty products, which is said to benefit our skin in many ways and also multi-purposely used in all possible ways. Here in the same family, comes the TS COSMETICS 24K GOLD ELIXIR & 24K SILVER ELIXIR. In this post I’d be sharing my thoughts on these elixirs.
Elixirs are much similar to serums, water-free and formulated with smaller molecules that are able to penetrate further into the skin, making them extremely effective. Since, elixirs are completely water-free, applying them to a face damp with either toner or water helps the skin absorb the max. nutrients and retain the moisture.
PACKAGING – The TS COSMETICS 24K GOLD ELIXIR & 24K SILVER ELIXIR come in a simple packaging. The gold elixir comes in a gold coated dark bottle, and the silver elixir comes in a silver coated dark blue glass dropper bottles, which I’m kind of okay with. They are individually wrapped in their respective gold and silver pouches, with a little note of description inside it. I like the fact that they come in a dark and glass bottles, which is the first and most important care to be taken while packing an oil based product, but I really wish they amped up their packaging(I meant much better quality bottles).
- 24K GOLD ELIXIR : 24K Gold Leaf, Rosehip Oil, Jojoba Oil, Argan Oil, Grapeseed Oil, Apricot Oil, Vitamin E oil, Vitamin C oil, Chamomile Seed oil, Tea Tree essential oil, Orange Essential oil, Pumpkin Oil, Fragrance – LemonGrass extract, Orange Peel extract, and some of the secret ingredients
- 24K SILVER ELIXIR : 24K Silver Leaf, Rosehip Oil, Jojoba Oil, Argan Oil, Grapeseed Oil, Apricot Oil, Vitamin E oil, Vitamin C oil, Chamomile Seed oil, Tea Tree essential oil, Orange Essential oil, Pumpkin Oil, Fragrance – LemonGrass extract, Orange Peel extract, and some of the secret ingredients
Both the elixirs have the exact same ingredients, expect the gold and the silver leaf extracts in it. And most of the ingredients are oil based, mostly essential oils which are light weight in formula and also which feel light on the skin and get easily absorbed.
- TS COSMETICS 24K GOLD ELIXIR : INR 860/- for a 15ml product
- TS COSMETICS 24K SILVER ELIXIR : INR 700/- for a 15ml product
The elixirs are basically light-weight transparent facial oils infused with 24karat gold and silver leaflets in each bottle. Both the elixirs have a similar fragrances, as they both have exact same ingredients. The first scent that hits my nostrils is the lemongrass fragrance. I’m fond of lemongrass essential oil, so this was the smell I could sense from the oil, a lot more like citrus-ey. The elixirs are extremely light in formula and gets absorbed into the skin immediately leaving no greasiness or oily/sticky feeling. The gold and silver flakes absolutely melt into the skin leaving a luminous glow after applying. I have oily-combination skin and my skin just instantly drinks up the oil right after application. And the goodness of the ingredients benefits my skin and keeps it super hydrated, soft and supple.
Did you see that, one suction of the dropper and the silver elixir one is filled with silver flakes like hell.
One can use these facial oils/elixirs in number of ways. Here are few ways how we/I use it –
- Use it alone on damp skin(for faster absorption) morning and night in the skincare routine.
- Mix it with your daily moisturizers/body creams.
- Mix a few drops in the foundation for a dewy look.
- Use it to prime the face before applying foundation.
- Mix a few drops of the oil in dried up gel eyeliners, brow pomades and mascaras to bring them to work smoothly again.
- Use it as a Lip hydrator, to moisturize dry lips and also to act as a base for liquid lipsticks.
I’ve used these elixirs in all possible ways and I absolutely love it on my skin. I haven’t had any breakout issues while using it, luckily. And I would totally recommend these facial elixirs in this cold weather as these would be that extra boost to the skin. I started with the gold elixir first, as Gold is meant to have anti-inflammatory, anti-aging and antioxidant properties. By this time(the time I pen down my experience), I’d completed my gold elixir fully. Not that I don’t use the silver elixir, I do use both hand-in-hand, but my eyes mostly search out for the gold flaked one always, so I had to.
I would recommend these to everyone. Although saying that, I’d highly recommend to patch test before using, as I’m aware that essential oils don’t work on all skin types and do give negative reactions, so it is advisory to check in for the list of ingredients before even directly applying on the face.
Did you try these TS COSMETICS 24K GOLD ELIXIR & 24K SILVER ELIXIR?? What are your thoughts on it?