These lipsticks have been everywhere, I mean literally everywhere and the reviews from people I’ve seen/heard are all so good. And I couldn’t be more happy when I heard Wet N Wild got launched in India and since then I’ve been gathering my shades because these go off just in seconds. Here I am, with 4 of the shades that I absolutely loved and picked because I thought they’d go good on tanned and deeper skin tones. In this post, I’ll be talking about the Wet N Wild Megalast Lip Color lipsticks.
This is basically our Magnum Opus of lipstick—it’s the one thing we absolutely MUST put on when we’ve got a cocktail party or black tie event. This 4-hour, longwearing lip color leaves a semi-matte cream finish in one stroke. Glides on easily with rich, velvety color that doesn’t cake, feather, or bleed. Made with hydrating skin-care ingredients: Hyaluronic Microspheres provide extraordinary adhesion to lips, an exclusive polymer complex offers cushion-like feel and texture, and natural marine plant extracts coenzyme Q10 and vitamins A & E help smooth lips.
- 4-hour longwearing lip colors leave a semi-matte cream finish.
- Hyaluronic Microspheres adhere to lips to make them long-lasting.
- An exclusive polymer complex make your lips cushiony and plump.
- Natural marine plant extracts coenzyme Q10 and vitamins A & E help smooth lips.
PRICE : INR 295/- ($2.49) for a 3.3g(0.11 oz) product. Aren’t these the most affordable lipsticks?
I bought mine from Nykaa. They are pretty much available everywhere in India now – Amazon, Flipkart, Myntra, Purplle, Jabong, Nykaa, HokMakeup etc.
Packaging, these Wet N Wild Megalast Lip Colors come in a very simple packaging. They’ve got a plastic black colored body with a clear lid, kind of very flimsy. It’s got the shade names mentioned on the bottom of the lipstick. I dunno how and on what basis did Wet N Wild did number these, but that’s a hell to recognize them. I’m glad they alternately named them as well. The lipstick can be actually seen through, which is good, but-but-but when it comes to closing the lid it just causes a mess just ripping the bullet, which is actually so frustrating (at least to me personally). I had to be extra careful to close the lid back, even when I’m in a full rush. Good that the cap closes shut securely, and I haven’t experienced any issues while travelling with it.
The lipsticks have a very lightweight formula and a smooth, soft texture that glides well on the lips without any tugging/pulling. These are hell pigmented! One swipe and you’ve max opacity. For the dark/pigmented lips, I think the lighter shades will disappoint you. These lippies do have an almost full coverage with a semi-matte finish. They feel amazingly comfortable on the lips, plus they’re packed with moisturizing ingredients like Coenzyme Q10 and Vitamins A & E, which keep the lips smooth and hydrated. These’re also formulated with Hyaluronic microspheres, which help the color last for 4+ hours – yay for such a budget-friendly lipstick!
I chose 4 of the shades, which would suit my medium deep skin tone. I was in doubt about the lighter shades, if they go well on me or not and that’s why I hadn’t got them.
- In the Flesh – is medium rose shade that’s towards the neutral toned, so it works well with almost any look. I find this shades very natural and subtle, which is why I reach out to this shade more often.
- Wine Room – is a deep rose-pink shade and I think it looks flattering on very skin tone very well. I feel it’s very much a darker version of In the Flesh shade.
- Mauve Outta Here – is a cool toned mauve shade. I’m confused with this shade, as sometimes it looks good on me and sometimes it looks so washed out and pale. This shade will pair good with any smokey looks or taupe colors. I don’t think it flatters much on deeper skin tones.
- Cinnamon Spice – is a deep, warm brick red shade with muted undertones. Another universally flattering shade. I love such intense shades. On days when I don’t wanna wear any makeup, I can simply wear this shade all alone and rock the day.
I loved the color range of these lipsticks, with 26 shades available(at Wet N Wild, some being discontinued. Although Nykaa has 30 shades available), it was a tough decision to just choose a few. Wet N Wild did cover all the color spectrum, from nudes to peaches, to pinks and reds, and then berry and plum kinda shades – that’s a beautiful spectrum.
These lipsticks do feel that they aren’t that drying in the initial two hours, but eventually they do get dry. There’s not much smudging of these lippies. Surprisingly these lipsticks do survive a light meal. But with something oily meal, it fades off which makes me wanna reapply them. These are not transferproof, they do get transferred on to the coffee mugs or glasses.
Overall, I’m so much impressed with these Wet N Wild Megalast Lip Color lipsticks. Being super affordable with great quality and beautiful color range to choose from, these are a great steal-deal! You wouldn’t regret even if you don’t like them. The only thing I have a complaint about is the packaging.
Did you try these Wet N Wild Megalast Lip Color lipsticks? Which is your favorite shade? Lemme knowww……………..