From the land of premium products, SUGAR Cosmetics brings up a new lipstick range – Click Me Up Velvet Lipsticks, a revolutionary new click up lipsticks in 10 beautiful shades. I was sent 6 of these shades which I have tried and tested them out, and here are my thoughts about these new lipsticks in the town.
Lust over the first-ever in the nation, the SUGAR Click Me Up Velvet Lipstick. You gotta get addicted to these! There’ll be no more compromises cos’ now you can have it all – with just a single click! A single stroke of this lipstick creates sultry bold color that lasts for 10+ hours. Choose from 10 richly pigmented, addictive shades that leave your lips with a matte yet soft velvety finish. From colors that look phenomenal on fair skin to colors that make the deep skin tone look tremendous, be ready to create your own bespoke look. Featuring a super-soft teardrop bullet that embraces your lips, this gorgeous lipstick enables you to precisely line that pretty pout of yours. Get the right amount of lipstick in one single click, cos’ there’s no going back *wink*.
- Paraben-free and cruelty-free formula
- Lends a light and premium finish to your lips
- Has a slight rosy fragrance
- One single swipe of color gives rich pigmentation
Love the way Sugar has described each shade –
- Living life with dollops of spice? Get slayin’ with the heady mix of peach and rose that’s Spicy Salmon!
- Get the raunch factor soaring to the zenith, with a dose of nude rose pink in Raunchy Rose.
- Make all hearts dance for you when you walk with the sensual grace of the rusty nude shade in Foxy Fawn.
- A little provoking by the plum rose hue in Provocative Pink makes them spill what’s hidden in their hearts.
- What’s causing them to be pulled towards you, girl? It has to be the deep fuchsia pink of Magnetic Magenta.
- Get those lips to match that fantastic form! All you need is the deep berry mauve concoction of Berry Bootylicious.
- Drench them lips in the wine colour of Risque Raspberry, to make them do all the talking.
- Strike when the iron’s hot with the rich shade of brown toned burnt orange in Smoking Sienna.
- Make their souls fly with that alluring hue of bright orange with hints of red and that super terrific pout. Get Tantalising Tangerine!
- Get their heartbeats racing when you don the bright red superpowers of Racy Ruby.
PRICE : INR 699/- for a 2g product.
Made In Korea.
List Of Ingredients: C12-15 Alkyl Ethylhexanoate, Kaolin, Silica, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Phenyl Trimethicone, Ceresin, Triethylhexanoin, Dimethicone, Polyglyceryl-2 Triisostearate, Microcrystalline Wax, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Polybutene, Iron Oxide Red(CI 77491), Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Red 6 (CI 15850), Tocopheryl Acetate, VP/Hexadecene Copolymer, Iron Oxide Black(CI 77499), Red 7 (CI 15850), Yellow 6 (CI 15985), Aluminum Hydroxide, Fragrance, BHT.
Packaging, these Click Me Up Velvet Lipsticks come in a long pen like, which needs to be clicked to let the product out. The first Indian brand to come up with ‘Click’ lipsticks. The outer packaging has got all the details and description about the lipstick, and how to use it and the list of ingredients etc. And the lipstick comes in a frosted matte black body, with only the brand logo and shade name printed on it. When using for the first time, this lipstick needs a couple of clicks for it to come out. A serious caution to be noted, is that once you click out the lipstick it is impossible for it to let go back. Yes, once you click out the product out it won’t retract back. So, that’s a little drawback for these lipsticks, if you’re new to such new technique lippies. Once you’re used to it, like I’ve seen the same mechanism with the NYX Super Cliquey matte lipsticks, so I’ve no issue with pulling out more/less. These are very travel-friendly, they shut close very tight and no mess while carrying them around.
How to Apply: Exfoliate your lips. Click once and the lip color instantly appears. The ergonomic drop-shaped tip with the non-retractable click technology precisely outlines the contour & fills the lips. Apply to the lips with the pointed edge of the teardrop applicator facing upwards.
I’ve got 6 of the shades out of the 10 shades launched.
- 05 Magnetic Magenta – a deep fuchsia shade
- 06 Berry Bootylicious – is a deep mauvey berry shade
- 07 Risque Raspberry – is a true plum shade
- 08 Smoking Sienna – is a beautiful warm toned brown shade
- 09 Tantalising Tangerine – is a orange toned bright red shade
- 10 Racy Ruby – is a true bright red shade
The lipsticks have a velvety matte finish, and a little somewhere like a powdery matte finish too. These do have a mild floral fragrance, which is totally okay. They have quite a silicone-ey formula while application, hence glide on very smoothly on the lips. These lipsticks have a medium to buildable coverage. When applied alone, on dark/pigmented lips, these do not cover them, but still give a natural look. You’ll need a lip liner first to cover your pigmentation, and then go with these lipsticks. They’re very lightweight and comfortable on the lips. They are a little hydrating on the lips for the first few hours, and then they go dry. Although it’s tough to know how much product is inside the pen, I guess getting just 2g of lipstick for that price tag, for few people it might sound quite expensive. These claim to have a staying power of about 8-10 hours, but they only pulled off 5-6 hours on my lips. They do fade out from the inside of the lips after a meal, and also I’ve found the berry shades leave a light stain behind on the lips. Oh, and btw these lipsticks do transfer a tiny little bit (nothing like crazy), but there’s still everything intact.
Here are the lip swatches of all the shades. I used a lip liner under just to bring out the colors.
Pro’s of the Sugar Click Me Up Velvet Lipsticks :
- First Indian brand to have Click lipsticks
- Convenient and Travel-friendly packaging
- Lightweight formula, Glides on very smooth
- Velvety Matte finish lipsticks
- Has medium to build-able coverage
- Comfortable on lips
Con’s of the Sugar Click Me Up Velvet Lipsticks :
- Once lipstick is clicked out, it does not retract back
- Only 2g lipstick for a whole 699 rupees
- Staying being a little disappointment
Overall, I’d conclude it by saying – I’m impressed with the formula, finish, the shades and transferability. My fav shade would be the Smoking Sienna, I just had a ‘love at first application’ in fact with this shade. It’s such a gorgeous shade. I think Sugar has priced it equally fair keeping the mechanism and the quantity of the product in mind. Now I don’t blame them too. Let’s just appreciate them to bring such tech lippies in the town.
Did you try these new Sugar Click Me Up Velvet Lipsticks? What are your favorite shades?? Lemme know………