You guys know how much I love and rave about TS Cosmetics and their products. My all time favorites has to be the Liquid Highlighters and the Velvety Eyeshadows. And now they’ve recently come up with Loose Pigments, in collaboration with my absolute time favorite makeup artist Tuba, naming this collection TS COSMETICS X MAKEUPBYTUBA Loose Pigments collection. This collection is first of its own and also probably in India because I’m sure we have never seen any Indian made brand making confetti glitter pigments. And this collection would most interest the creative makeup enthusiasts and makeup artists who’d love experimenting on new looks. These Loose Pigments are a collection of 14 glitter, confetti glitter and metallic shades. I was sent few of the shades from this collection which I’d be talking about in this post.
This launch has to be something special, and hence a whole new packaging! They’ve made everything white and gold this time, and that’s a classic combo for packaging. These do come with white outer carton box with gold fonts and prints on it. The box has all the details about the product including the ingredients list on it. Inside housed are these little tubs of goodness. These are clear plastic tubs with a gold screw lid and a protective film inside to avoid any product damage. The shade name is mentioned at the bottom of the tub on a sticker.
PRICE : INR 290/- for a 12g product.
AVAILABILITY : Buy TS Cosmetics X MakeupbyTuba collection HERE.
HOW TO USE? Press & Dab the loose pigment with fingertips. Use a glitter primer to increase its longevity.
SHADES : I was sent 8 of the shades from the entire collection and omg they are so stunningly gorgeous! Lemme try to explain the shades –
- LET’s STEEL GREY – is truly a steel grey glitter with a mix star and hexagon shaped confetti. This is a self adhesive glitter.
- DRAG QUEEN – is a multi-colored rose gold glitter, mixed with red heart shaped confetti glitters. Again this is also has self adhesive formula.
- LOVE OF GLITTER – is a multi-color reflexed gold glitter, with a mix of star and moon shaped confetti. This has a self adhesive formula as well.
- STAR FIRE – is an absolute favorite iridescent glitter, with blue and iridescent star confetti. This is such a gorgeous glitter pigment. And this also has a self adhesive formula.
- NOT YOUR BUSINESS – is a beautiful mix of all sized and all shaped glitters. This is a loose formula, and it definitely needs a sticky base to adhere.
- GIVE ME SOME TABASSUM – is a multi-colored silver glitter with a mix of silver star confetti glitter. This is a self adhesive formula-ed, so just dabbing it would do the work or use it with a glitter glue.
- GOOD LUCK – is a true metallic bronze loose pigment. This is a pure pigment and not any glitter formula. But it does adhere to the lid well without any base.
- MAKEUP BY TUBA – is a mix of fine silver glitter with normal sized pink glitter which also has silver iridescent heart shaped confetti. This is a self adhesive glitter pigment.
These loose pigments are technically a mix of fine, normal and chunky(confetti) glitters. And mind you, these are not the so called ‘loose pigments’ at all. The glitters are already mixed with an adhering base, which makes it look like kind of a jelly texture and that is what makes it stick to the eyes. And I really really appreciate TS Cosmetics to come up with such a formula, like I mean it’s definitely easy to put up loose glitters but a formula that is this easy to apply is a rare thing. This entire range, I feel has a combo of loose metallic pigments and glitter formula, coz I see a beautiful metallic bronzey pigment in my package.
Lemme be honest af now! I adore the formula, they adhere beautifully on the eyes just by itself. I had great time with their Pressed Glitters so the formula is pretty much similar to them. You do not need any special brushes, your fingers are the best tool to apply this glitter. Just dabbing them on the lid area is enough and there’s not much fallout while application. But the big chunky bits of the glitter tend to fall off within an hour or less, glitter glue should be a solution for it. Hooded eyes will have a bit hard time with these glitters (especially the chunky ones). If you’re a makeup artist playing around with creating and posting some fun looks using glitters, you can use these without any glitter base and you’d turn your simple looks to bomb-ass glam look. That’s what I’d do as well, because I don’t generally prefer wearing glitters even to any big events. But if you’re to use/wear these for a long party or a wedding, I’d definitely suggest you use them with a glitter primer/glue so that they don’t fall off and create a mess.
P.S. I lost the pictures of the look I created using these glitters, so I’ll have to do new looks and shall upload it soon.
Did you try these TS Cosmetics X MakeupbyTuba Loose Pigments? Which is your favorite shade from this collection?? Lemme know………