Paint your pinkies with a bottle full of dreams! Nykaa is all set to gear up our nail game! Nykaa introduces its new nail line called the Unicorn Potion Nail Enamels, which come in 5 unicorn shades to fulfill our holographic nail needs. I’ve picked four of the shades and here I’m reviewing them.
Nykaa Unicorn Potion Nail Enamel is all you need to make believe that there is magic on your fingertips. Formulated with iridescent pearls that give your mesmerizing color swirls, this one-of-kind formula is nothing like you’ve seen before!Our out-of-this-world range has five fascinating shades, from mystical purple to rainbow yellow, this range is sure to take your breath away!
- 5 Mystical Shades: Mega-iridescent holographic finish that reflects light to give your nails a mesmerizing dual-toned look.
- Stunning Holographic Finish: The holographic finish is as gives your nails a dreamy, soft rainbow-like sheen.
- Iridescent Pearl Pigments and Long-lasting Effect: The magic of this exquisite formula lasts for days and days without chipping or fading.
- Five-free And Cruelty-Free Formula: This collection is free of five most harmful chemicals. We do not test our products on animals, just on our in-house nature lovers!
- First Time In India: Nykaa is bringing the International trend of Holographic Nail Enamel to India at a lucrative price.
- What is it formulated Without : The Nykaa Unicorn Potion Nail Enamel Collection is Five Free and is Not tested on animals (just on our team!). Also, it contains no animal-derived ingredients.
PRICE : INR 199/- for a 9ml product.
SHADES : Nykaa Unicorn Potion Nail Enamels are available in 5 shades and Nykaa describes them as –
- Nykaa Unicorn Potion Nail Enamel – Sugar n Spice : This magical orange hue has all things nice with some sugar and spice! Nykaa Unicorn Potion Nail Enamel in Sugar & Spice gives your pinkies an orange-toned holographic effect thanks to the iridescent yellow and white pearls. It’s like having mystical sunset on your tips!
- Nykaa Unicorn Potion Nail Enamel – Sunshine & Rainbows : Ain’t nothing wrong with bring some sunshine in your life! Nykaa Unicorn Potion Nail Enamel in Sunshine & Rainbows give your tips a beautiful yellow holographic effect that has swirls of gold to it. We promise, your mani will shine brighter than the rainbows!
- Nykaa Unicorn Potion Nail Enamel – Mystical Mermaid : Be a mermaid and makes waves with our Nykaa Unicorn Potion Nail Enamel in Mystical Mermaid. This stunning blue shade is formulated with iridescent pink and silver pearls that give your pinkies an ocean-inspired holographic effect. Dip your pinkies in this magnificent shade and blow some kisses!
- Nykaa Unicorn Potion Nail Enamel – Pink Pony : In our world, everyone is a pony, and everyone chases butterflies! Make your dreams come true with Nykaa Unicorn Potion in Pink Pony. This pink hue has beautiful purple and pink holographic pearls, which will make your mani shine like star! If your heart doesn’t melt with this shade, we don’t know what will!
- Nykaa Unicorn Potion Nail Enamel – Frosted Fairy : Glittering fairy dust and fairy wings, makes any girl dream of magical things! You are never too old for fairy tales with Nykaa Unicorn Potion Nail Enamel in Frosted Fairy. This purple hue with pink and purple iridescent pearl gives the effect of having pixie dust on your tips. You can go ahead and call us your Fairy God Mother!
I bought 4 of them – Frosted Fairy, Pink Pony, Mystical Mermaid & Sugar n Spice. I was too curious for Frosted Fairy because as soon as I saw it on Nykaa page, it was the Holographic one that I wanted to try, so I had this first in my cart.
Packaging, is pretty much same as any of the regular Nykaa nail enamels, except for the long handle, which made the packaging very similar to the Christian Louboutin nail polishes. I don’t think they come handy in travelling because of its long sharp handle, we always look for small and petite ones so they take less space and be lesser in weight while travelling. The size of the brush and everything is the same as the previous nail enamels, nothing’s changed that much except for the handles.
Talking about their pigmentation, these Nykaa Unicorn Potion nail enamels have a sheer iridescent coverage. Upon one coat they hardly show up on the nails, you need a minimum of 3-4 coats to get that intense color. If you’re uncomfortable with coating your nails with layers of polish, it is better to use these as nail toppers. They can be topped on a white or a black nail polish to bring out the iridescence more. These nail enamels are easy to apply, the long handle is quite convenient in holding while applying. The brush pretty much reaches every corner of the nail giving it a paint-it-at-one-go, so you don’t need to go back and dip in twice for covering one single nail.
From L-R are Pink Pony, Frosted Fairy, Mystical Mermaid and Sugar n Spice.
All the shades look gorgeous in the bottle, but when they come onto the nails they kind of show up different. One similarity I found in every nail polish is that all the shades have blue and purple reflexes more. Frosted Fairy, when layered more than 3 times kind of looks like a blue shade. And the Mystical Mermaid just plainly gives a pearlized look, nothing unicorny. Sugar n Spice has a mix of blue and green reflexes more.
These lasted me for a good 5-6 days without any chipping. I painted my paws with 3 coats of the nail enamel without any primer underneath or any base coat, and it lasted for 5, 6 days surprisingly.
Overall, I am not that impressed with these Nykaa Unicorn Potion Nail Enamels. I don’t think they’ve done justice to the name – Unicorn potion. I wish they’d more and more holographic-ness in it. If you’re planning to buy these Unicorn Potion nail enamels, I’d suggest to try just one-two shades. I’ll definitely recommend the Frosted Fairy shade. Investing in all of the shades is of no use, you could rather invest in Holographic and Unicorn powders and just dust them on your nails. They’d give much better results than these.
Did you try these Nykaa Unicorn Potion nail enamels??? Which is your favorite shade?