Serum Foundations are the trending trend now and one of the newest launches of Sugar Cosmetics is what I’m going to review today, the DROP THE BASE SERUM FOUNDATION which is launched in 10 shades, and I’d say that’s a pretty good start by Sugar to have 10 different shades in its first launch itself. And Sugar always extends its line, so I’m expecting more shades to come out in future. In this post, I’ll be talking about this new Serum Foundation.
Been wanting a lightweight foundation that doesn’t weigh your skin down and freshens your complexion? It’s time to grab SUGAR Drop The Base Serum Foundation right away! This product is magic for so many reasons – With a feather-weight fluid and velvety texture that lends a flawless medium to high coverage, this foundation is a skin-perfecting luxury itself. It delivers a natural finish and the look and feel of beautiful skin. The result is a noticeably brighter and youthful appearance.
- Contains an ultra-thin skin-perfecting formula
- Provides seamless adjustable coverage and a natural finish
- Powder-free & Water-free
- A powerful marine-based algae extract helps reactivate the metabolism of aging cells and gives you a youthful appearance
- Find your skin’s perfect partner from 10 beautiful shades
- Formulated in Italy
- Dermatologically tested & approved and 100% safe for your skin
PRICE : INR 899/- for a 20ml product.
List Of Ingredients: Dimethicone, Cyclohexasiloxane, Isododecane, Vinyl Dimethicone, EthylHexyl Methoxycinnamate, Phenyl Trimethicone, Alaria Esculentia, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Isohexadecane, Peg-10 Dimethicone, Zinc Oxide, Polybutene, Talc, Propylene Carbonate, Cyclopentasiloxane, Parfum, Hydrogen Dimethicone, CI 77891, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499
AVAILABILITY & SHADES : Ladies, grab this magic potion from HERE and revel in the luxury now.
- 10 Latte is a light shade with warm undertone.
- 15 Cappuccino is a light shade with cool undertone.
- 17 Raf is a light shade with golden undertone.
- 27 Vienna is a light medium shade with warm undertone.
- 32 Cortado is a medium shade with golden undertone.
- 37 Freddo is a medium beige shade with golden peach undertone.
- 42 Glace is a medium beige shade with golden undertone.
- 50 Mocha is a medium tan shade with golden undertone.
- 52 Corretto is a tan shade with yellow undertone.
- 60 Lungo is a medium deep shade with golden undertone.
I’ve 2 shades – 50 MOCHA and 52 CORRETTO, with me which I thought would most appropriately suit my NC44 skin tone.
Here’s what I find – lemme describe the shades in my words,
- 50 Mocha is a medium tan shade with more orange tones in it. And it’s probably that which makes it appear a half shade darker than the next one. NC43-44-45 people who prefer warmer undertones can get this shade.
- 52 Corretto is a neutral toned tan shade. Since I like my foundations to be neutral toned, this is (I’d say kinda) good match to my skin tone.
Packaging, as usual comes with a Sugar-themed outer carton box with little about the product details and shade name etc on it. Inside housed is the serum foundation bottle, which is a little heavy to hold tho. Oh! it is a frosted glass bottle with a dropper applicator screw-lid. The bottle gives quite a classic luxe look, however I found it to be way messier. Opening and closing the bottle too often and the formula of the foundation being too runny, it always spilled out of the bottle and creates a mess, at least for me. I dunno how many other people faced the same issue, but I’m being too honest now. I really wanted to carry this for my recent vacays, but it was only this issue that stopped me travel with it. But otherwise, I like it – the dropper is great for such serum foundations, very hygienic way to apply as well.
How to Apply : Take a dollop onto your palm. With the applicator, apply small dots over your face and neck. Using your fingertips, beauty sponge or a foundation brush, blend the product well into the skin to get a refreshed look.
The first thing you need to do with (any) liquid or serum foundations is – to SHAKE WELL. I feel this foundation kind of separates in the bottle, so a good shake before getting out the product makes sure you get the perfect blend out. Being a serum foundation, this has a very runny formula yet being very creamy and velvety in texture. I hope I made sense in that. This foundation gives a medium to buildable coverage. 3-4 drops is what you want to start with initially, and build the coverage according to the needs. With serum foundations, say NO to makeup sponges and I’d suggest you use flat top kabuki brush or any stippling brush to buff the foundation in first and then (if necessary) use the beauty blender to set it in place if you find any streaks. This is what I personally prefer and do most times.
This foundation gives a medium, a very natural finish coverage, which is totally apt for daily wear. And I feel it being very silicone-y due to the presence of silicones in it. I dunno, is it due to the presence of silicones and talc which makes a slip on the skin? I feel it doesn’t adhere to the skin properly. I’m not a primer person too, so the foundation should stick good on my skin but this one…. And if left alone without setting the foundation with any powder, I feel this does move a bit and also transfers a lot. So setting is a must for me. Although it doesn’t claim anything, this foundation is waterproof, smudgeproof, sweat proof; but not transfer proof if used alone. And it does not feel cakey or grey-ey at all.
Lasting power, this serum foundation lasted for pretty 6 hours on my combination skin, which is decent lasting time for any foundation. The foundation starts to crease at the end of the day and kind of separates at the corners of the mouth and nose area.
Did you try this new Sugar Drop The Base Serum Foundation? Which shade are you in??