After the NY Bae SKINfident Glycolic Peel serum, this was my next thing to try on – the NY Bae SKINfident Serum with Salicylic Acid. If you’ve been following me from long, or if you know me from Instagram, I already mentioned that I will be doing individual tests and post the reviews. In this post, I will be sharing my thoughts about this Salicylic Acid serum by NY Bae.
NY Bae brings to you the secret ingredient behind every super model’s stunning looks which is beautiful skin. A range dedicated to give you an aspiring care range to look all natural and a confidence to rock the ‘bare face trend’ of The Big Apple City. A range made to make your skin look photo-ready. Because nothing is more beautiful than a healthy skin. Shining as Sitcom Star is a powerful serum infused with Salicylic Acid.
WHAT IT IS?
Salicylic Acid is an excellent chemical exfoliant that penetrates the skin. Not only does it help soften skin, but it works to slough away layers of dead skin cells on top of the skin, leaving you with a smoother, brighter complexion. It also visibly reduces the size of pimples and blackheads. Salicylic Acid is also a powerful acne-fighting ingredient. It works by reducing the number of skin cells within pores, which helps prevent pimples from forming.
IDEAL FOR, IF YOU’RE HAVING ISSUES WITH : Dullness, Blackheads, Acne & Pimples.
SUITS : All Skin Types
PRICE : INR 175/- for a 10ml product. You can definitely avail at some offer for lesser price.
AVAILABILITY : NY Bae SKINfident Face Serum with Salicylic Acid
HOW TO USE : Using clean hands, apply few drops of this serum onto your face & neck. Massage for upto 30-60 secs for it to absorb into the skin completely.
Packaging, the NY Bae Skinfident face serum comes in a very chic outer carton box, I really like it. The NY city backdrop on the box is so amazing. The serum comes in a 10ml little frosted glass bottle, which also comes with a separate dropper in the box. All we’ve to do is unscrew the normal lid and screw in the dropper applicator for easy use. This is such a tiny bottle with little quantity just enough for a month’s use, if you use it regularly morning and evening.
Although the active ingredients seem very exciting, I would highly highly recommend doing a patch test before directly using it on the face. I’ve said this in my previous NY Bae post as well, they should have given the full length ingredients of this serum rather just mentioning the key ingredients.
KEY INGREDIENTS :
- Salicylic Acid is a powerful acne-fighting ingredient. It works by reducing the number of skin cells within pores, which helps prevent pimples from forming. It works by helping the skin to shed dead cells from the top layer and by decreasing redness and swelling (inflammation). This decreases the number of pimples that form and speeds healing.
- Tea tree oil is another popular ingredient for treating acne because of its anti-inflammatory and antimicrobial properties. It’s thought to calm redness, swelling, and inflammation. It may even help to prevent and reduce acne scars, leaving you with smooth, clear skin.
- Papaya extract is derived from the fruit of the plant Carica Papaya, which is native to Central America. This sweet, velvety fruit — also called pawpaw — is packed with valuable nutrients and antioxidants and contains powerful enzymes that are used in the treatment of some ailments. It is very rich in Vitamin A, B, C and carotenoids, antioxidants that help to fight off the appearance of aging and sun damage. It helps your skin look more rejuvenated and tight.
- Mushroom extract, loaded with anti-inflammatory properties, can help improve acne, rosacea and eczema. They are also rich in Vitamin D, Selenium and antioxidants that protect your skin against wrinkles and discoloration caused by environmental damage and improves skin tone.
- Spinach extract, when applied topically, can strengthen, moisturize and restore skin’s natural luminosity while repairing damaged skin cells and reducing the appearance of sun damage, dark spots, inflammation, and the visible signs or aging.
- Tomato Extract helps balance the balance the pH of the skin and regulate sebum. Tomato contains Lycopene, a powerful antioxidant that helps prevent collagen deterioration. This antioxidant also works to scavenge free radicals.
This Salicylic Acid serum is a golden colored light oil-based serum with a bit strong yet pleasant citrus-y, tea tree oil mixed fragrance. I would take about 4-5 drops for my full face and neck, massage in for some time until it gets absorbed into my skin. The serum is very lightweight and quickly absorbs into the skin leaving a very slight oily feel. But it feels very comfortable and does not give any irritation signs. This is the first time I am using a Salicylic Acid (although don’t know how potent is the acid) on my face, and glad that it did not break out my skin.
I have used this serum for more than 3 weeks and here’s what I observed during/after using it. I have normal oily-combination skin and I used this serum in my morning and night routines, Salicylic acid can be used anytime throughout the day and night. First thing I’d observe every morning, a beautiful glowing face to which I’d wake up to; I love this feeling man! Although I didn’t have any severe acne going on on my face, I had few hormonal little zits on my jawline/chin area which actually have subsided in few days and also I’d see this serum work on giving a bright luminous skin. I also feel it lightened my dark spots a bit, coz in just a 3 week use I could see my spots fading a little. I would continue to use and update on more. This tiny 10ml bottle would last a month max., if used regularly and I’d definitely say the results would vary from person to person depending on their skin type.
Did you try the new NY Bae SKINfident Face Serum with Salicylic Acid??