Glowing skin is what everyone craves for; it’s been almost every girl’s dream. But our daily lifestyle factors like stressful work, hectic work schedules, environmental pollution, inadequate balanced diet, etc etc, makes it impossible to maintain our skin. This is where external factors like skincare, weekly masking routines comes into play and kind of help to heal. I’ve talked before about this Vegan Indian brand, Sapphire Botanics, which is really making a huge difference in today’s skincare industry; and giving a tough competition to others. Not many of us know about their brand, and lemme tell you that their initial launch itself was a big success, and if you haven’t known – read my Sapphire Botanics skincare review. Here I have some more of the goodness, because skincare is love for me, and I cannot stop if goodness is so pure. So let’s talk what else Sapphire Botanics has in their store.
A little about the brand – SAPPHIRE BOTANICS is a brand which creates products harnessing the power of Nature that deliver real changes to the skin’s appearance. Minimalistic, Multi-tasking, 100% Vegan and Cruelty free. Each of the Ingredients are directly sourced to ensure their potency and authenticity. Also, we use only reusable glass and certified compostable material for sustainable packaging.
If you’ve been eyeing on these products, you can get them on Sapphire Botanics and avail a 10% off using my code SHAI15.
SAPPHIRE BOTANICS MUD FACE MASK
Reduces acne, breakouts and shrinks pores.
Controls excess oil production and treats inflammations.
Improves blood circulation, Tightens and Rejuvenates skin.
Removes tan, evens out and brightens skin.
PRICE : INR 399/- for 20g & INR 949/- for 100g
INGREDIENTS : Kaolin Clay, French pink clay, Rhassoul Clay, EO Blend
HOW TO USE : Mix 1 tsp of mud with diluted Dew/Rosewater to form a thick paste. Apply the paste to the skin and leave on until dry. Rinse with warm- water and pat dry. Follow up with Glow or any serum for best results as the skin will readily absorb.
Can we first appreciate the bottle packaging, like I mean who stores a clay mask in such a cute glass bottle. This Mud mask comes in a beautiful sturdy glass bottle with a screw cap, and they don’t have any outer packaging which is okay though. And the mask is in a powder form, so you need a mixing medium for this mask. I basically use the Dew to make a thin paste, or sometimes use any toner essence or just plain water to mix. I apply to my entire face, and I have a habit to not leave any spot on my face and neck while masking, so I am completely mud-masked. The mask feels light while mixing and on the skin too. It does dry down tightening the skin. And it is completely ‘mess-free’ to rinse off, I am stressing on ‘mess-free’ because I know how hard it is to rinse out the clay masks. However this one, when in contact with water itself melts down and rinses off effortlessly. Moreover, this mask is
- Handcrafted with 100% natural, wild-crafted & pure plant oils.
- Contains no water, preservatives, artificial fragrances, synthetic ingredients or toxins.
- Sustainability. Minimalistic.
- Vegan. Cruelty-free.
The Results : My skin feels so fresh and detoxed. The tightening feel is on for few hours and slowly subsides, but I guess it’s just a temporary effect, and clay masks aren’t meant to be used more than twice a week. Genuinely I feel this particular clay mask is far better than the normal already cream-type masks and is great for oily-combination skin people. The clay blend and their proportions really worked wonders on the skin. My pores appear a little bit smaller and so much more cleaner, the mask has really pulled out all the dirt and gunk from the pores leaving my skin detoxed and radiant. And oh, this mask did not dry out my skin at all. I follow it up with Dew again or my favorite essence and moisturize using Unage.
Also, I like the fact that brand is mentioning certain cautions like this one – Store the mask in room temperature away from direct sunlight. Do not bring the product in contact with water or touch with wet hands as it contains no preservatives.
SAPPHIRE BOTANICS UNAGE DAY ELIXIR
Boosts Collagen Production and improves skin elasticity.
Tightens skin and provides facelift.
Fades fine lines, wrinkles and promotes radiant youthful skin.
PRICE : INR 1449/- for a 30ml product. I have the miniature version which retails for INR 799/- for 10ml. The single miniature is currently not available on the brand website, but a combo of Unage and Glow oils is available.
INGREDIENTS : Marula Oil, Bakuchi Oil, Argan Oil, Squalane, Rosehip seed Oil, Pomegranate Oil, Sweet Almond Oil, Borage Oil, Jojoba Oil, Avocado Oil, Olive Oil, Carrot Seed Oil, Lavender Oil & Rose Oil.
HOW TO USE : Use after cleansing and toning. Place 2-3 drops directly on the skin and gently massage onto the face and neck in an upward direction.
Firstly, this is an elixir, meaning it’s a concoction or a potion of various potent oils containing herbal infusions or plant extracts which benefit the skin. This bottle of goodness is the same. The Unage Elixir comes in a dark green colored glass bottle with a dropper applicator. This golden amber colored oil has no artificial or added fragrances, which makes it smell mostly like mix of herbs; it doesn’t have any distinctive or particular fragrance as such. Well, I am actually late in posting this review, because I already finished using this oil. I used this oil in my day and night routines. Although it just states it’s a ‘Day Elixir’, I make sure my night routine is heavy so I wake up with radiant and supple skin.
Let’s try to break down the ingredients and know what does each oil do to the skin, which also implies what this oil does to us –
- Marula Oil, also known as the elixir of youth, consists of Vitamin C and E, Oleic Acid, Omega-9 fatty acids, antioxidants, flavonoids and is a great anti-aging oil. It boosts collagen production giving you a youthful skin.
- Bakuchi Oil, a powerful herb for treating skin discoloration, hyper-pigmentation and leucoderma. It helps brighten the skin by visibly reducing pigmentation and plumps the skin.
- Argan Oil, boosts elasticity, hydrates and minimizes the appearance of stretch marks.
- Squalene, a powerful anti-aging oil, is a natural emollient which keeps the skin well hydrated and plump.
- Rosehip seed oil, rich in essential fatty acids and antioxidants helps in cell regeneration in the skin. Great for acne prone skin.
- Pomegranate seed oil, high in omega 5 fatty acid (Punicic acid) levels, has a strong anti-inflammatory and anti-aging properties. It helps prevent damage caused by free radicals. It also helps unclog pores on the face to help in relieve the symptoms of acne.
- Sweet Almond Oil, rich in Vitamin E and mono-unsaturated fatty acids, helps retain skin moisture and soothes. Also protects skin from UV radiation.
- Borage oil, treats skin imflammation and helps calm skin irritations or acne and nourishes the skin.
- Jojoba Oil, helps in skin repair and balances out the skin complexion.
- Avocado Oil, minimizes signs of aging including wrinkles and fine lines, and support a healthy production of new collagen.
- Olive Oil, helps prevent premature signs of aging on the skin. Moisturizes dry skin, and prevents sun damage.
- Carrot seed Oil, rich in beta-carotene and vitamin A and E, helps soothe dry or irritated skin and help in cell-regeneration.
- Lavender oil, an anti-inflammatory superstar, fights acne, soothes eczema and dry skin issues. It is also packed with antioxidants that protect and nourish your skin.
- Rose Oil, hydrates dry skin and helps clear out acne, reduces signs of aging and helps heal scars.
Phew, if you have made it through the entire ingredients breakdown, you might have come to a conclusion that this elixir is a true true true blend of highly potent anti-aging and nourishing skin oils. Well, I am totally impressed with this elixir, I mean even though I had the mini one, I used it day and night to watch my skin glow. It is a little bit on the oily side, and a trick I do is to spritz some Dew and let it semi dry and then massage the elixir, which my skin fully and completely drinks leaving no greasiness behind. This oil is great for all skin types and I’d definitely recommend it. Would highly suggest to people who are in their late twenties and someone who’s looking up for anti-aging products. I have also heard great things about the Glow Oil, which I’m intrigued to now.
I would highly suggest you the combo of Glow & Unage, because Unage is a day elixir and Glow is recommended to be used at night, which completes a perfect routine.
Buy Glow & Unage Oils miniature combo
If you haven’t tried this brand or their products, I’d highly suggest you guys to try. Such minimalist products made for our Indian skins.
Buy Sapphire Botanics using my code SHAI15 to avail 10% off.