Having dark circles these days is pretty much the most common skin issue we face, mainly cause of the stress and daily pressures we handle and of course the daily dose of environmental pollution also takes the turn. There is nothing to embarrass about it, everyone has it. The only solution is to treat it right way. I came across this NY BAE SKINfident Under Eye Serum with Hyaluronic Acid and lemme be frank, I have never seen any ‘acid-based’ under eye serum. Like dude, this one has quite a few good acids but not sure how well perform on the sensitive eye area, I thought I’ll test this out and here I’m. In this post I’ll be sharing my thoughts about this new formula under eye serum.
WHAT IT IS?
Resurrecting Under Brooklyn Bridge is a powerful serum infused with Hyaluronic Acid. The serum is highly effective since it contains antioxidant properties which help treat under eye bags. The antioxidants help to prevent collagen damage, maintain the skin’s elasticity and brighten skin pigmentation. It is also used to fight wrinkles and producing collagen. With every application, it will make the skin appear more bright and younger because it improves skin elasticity. Moreover this is a Cruelty Free, Sulfate Free, Paraben Free, Mineral Oil Free product.
IDEAL FOR, IF YOU’VE ISSUES WITH : Loss Of Firmness/Elasticity, Wrinkles, Signs Of Ageing.
SUITS : All Skin Types
PRICE : INR 175/- for a 10ml product.
AVAILABILITY : NY Bae SkinFIDENT Under Eye Serum, with Hyaluronic Acid
How to use: Take a few drops of this serum onto your fingers and apply it gently under your eyes.
ACTIVE INGREDIENTS :
- Glycolic acid, can restore a “glow” to the undereye area making the eyes appear brighter and less tired. It also de-puffs the eyes and reduces wrinkles.
- Lactic acid, is a form of AHA used to exfoliate the skin, lighten dark spots, and improve the look of fine lines and wrinkles. Great to brighten and hydrate under eyes.
- Sodium Hyaluronate, is an effective revitalizer and retains skin moisture. It can drastically improve wrinkles under the eyes, plumps and hydrates sagging skin. .
- Niacinamide, is a skin-lightening agent and suppresses dark shadows. It also helps visibly improve fine lines and dullness around the eyes.
- L-Argenine, is an amino acid used as an anti-aging agent to decrease the depth of wrinkles.
- Licorice extract, is a very well-known de-pigmentation active. It helps diminish the appearance of dark under-eye circles, discoloration and age spots.
- Alfa Arbutin, reduces the look of dark spots and hyper-pigmentation under the eyes. It prevent fine lines from appearing around those baby blues.
- Cucumber extract, a cooling and soothing agent, which also de-puffs the under eye bags.
- Berberis extract avoids skin damage.
- Rosemary extract reduces swelling and puffiness, help lighten dark spots and blemishes.
- Lemon extract provides a boost of anti-oxidant vitamin C to the skin.
Packaging, this under eye serum comes in a dropper bottle, just like the serums come in. A frosted glass bottle with a separate rosegold dropper lid, looks pretty good. All the details about the serum are mentioned on the outer carboard box, along with the active ingredients. I wish NY BAE lists out complete list of ingredients and not just the active ones. These are pretty much 10ml bottles, so you can carry these while travelling.
This is a watery clear, runny textured serum, with a mild pleasant kind-of chemical fragrance. Like frankly, I dunno how to explain the fragrance, its very mild so its bearable. Its thin watery consistency makes it lightweight and also quickly absorbs into the skin without any tacky or greasy feel. I was on and off with this eye serum in the last couple of weeks. This under eye serum really made me so intimidated to buy because of the ingredients in it, like I have never really heard of so many acid ingredients mixed in a eye product. That must be a gold digger, right! But honestly, I don’t think so. As mentioned, I take a very little quantity for my under eyes. I just roll the dropper end under my eye area and its just like a drop on each side. In a minute after quick absorption, I felt a slight tingle under my eyes, and it stays for about 10-15 minutes before subsiding. Like, I know its because of some chemical exfoliants that it has that tingling effect and for me it’s okay, I can take it. But I would seriously not recommend this to sensitive skin people, or anyone who cannot tolerate the tingle especially in the sensitive eye area.
For what did it do to my under eyes, this serum definitely bought a glow in my under eye area. Being constantly on on the social media takes a toll on my under eyes. My dark circles have reduced despite being on and off with it. It hydrates the under eye area and keeps it plump all day. I didn’t see any difference in my lines, but I can say this does work on lightening the dark circles and de-puffing eyes, and I only wish this thing did not have that tingly/stinging effect. This is definitely not everyone’s cup of tea. Only if you’re so so willing to try this serum then go for, otherwise seriously I would not suggest this to any random girl inspite of this working.
Overall, I just have a mixed opinion about this under eye serum. I see this quite effective on some factors, but yeah I think I’m not gonna recommend especially if you have sensitive skin. People with normal skin also, I’d suggest to do a patch test before directly applying under the eyes.